Terms & Conditions
General Building Terms & Conditions of Contract
1. All quotations that Build With Confidence Limited provide are based on the information that has been supplied and/or any relevant plans. It relates to the works requested by the client to whom the estimate/quotation is addressed and is in respect of the Property/Land indicated. On receipt of working drawings Build With Confidence Limited reserves the right to altar any quotation if the detailed information varies from the original enquiry.
2. The quotation will remain open for acceptance for a period of 3 months from the date there on. If the quotation should be accepted a written contract will be set up between Build With Confidence Limited and the client. A minimum of 20% deposit will be required prior to commencement of works.
3. The quotation is based on the visual inspection and assumed condition of the land/building, unless stated otherwise with evidence of a written description or detailed plans from the Structural Engineer or Architect. Any change to those conditions found to exist as work proceeds may result in additional charges to those initially indicated and Build With Confidence Limited will not be held liable.
4. The client (to whom the quotation is addressed), in accepting a quotation, agrees to Build With Confidence Limited carrying out the described works on his/her property, and he/she shall make reasonable provisions to protect his/her fixtures and fittings not subject to the described works and other possessions left in the property whilst the works are undertaken. The client shall also make safe, suitable and uninterrupted access.
5. All quotations are based on the work being carried out during normal working hours. Should weekend, holiday or other extraordinary hours be required the client (to whom the quotation is addressed) may incur an additional costs for this.
6. Any changes or alterations to the quoted works or to the materials requested by the client may result in an alteration to the costs. All additional works instructed to be carried out during the course of works will be subject to additional charges based on day rate basis and any extra materials will be charged accordingly.
7. All quotations are subject to the availability of materials, plant and labour at the time required. Liability cannot be accepted for delays or their effects either whole or part to causes out of Build With Confidence Limited’s control.
8. All quotations provided are based on known costs for materials etc., at the time of preparation. Occasionally the building industry experiences sudden price increases. Whilst Build With Confidence Limited aim to keep within the quoted costs, we may be forced to increase charges when situations like this occur. Build With Confidence Limited will notify the client (To whim the quotation is addressed) of any such increases.
9. Where present, it will be assumed that the supply of water, electricity and toilet facilities will be made available for the use of all workmen on site. If not an additional charge may be made to provide these services to comply with Health & Safety.
10. All quotations are based on the information given with the enquiry on all services either underground or above. We would expect the client to be in receipt of all service drawings and all services located prior to any excavation taking place. No liability of damage services will be paid by Build With Confidence Limited.
11. Build With Confidence Limited shall not be held liable for any works undertaken at the client’s instructions if that work requires planning or other consents, which the client has not obtained. Unless requested as part the contract, it is the responsibility of the client to apply for and pay all appropriate fees, for such consent prior to the commencement of works.
12. Build With Confidence Limited aims to carry out works to a high standard and in accordance with current Health & Safety and Building Regulations. Any changes to the regulations which were not in existence at the date of this contract Build With Confidence Limited will not be liable for.
13. All visitors to the site where works are being carried out including owners of the Property/Land, do so at their own risk. Build With Confidence Limited will not accept any liability for injury should an accident occur.
14. Terms of payment are strictly 14 days from the date of Invoice. Late payment may result in an interest charge calculated on a daily basis. Currently 1.5% of the Invoice amount.
15. Any disputes with the invoice must be raised in writing within 7 days of the date of Invoice. Failure to do this will result in the full Invoice amount being made payable.
16. All Invoices where applicable will be subject to V.A.T (Value Added Tax) at the appropriate rate. Unless the client advises Build With Confidence Limited of any different rate we will automatically charge the standard rate of 20%.
17. All goods, for whatsoever supplied, shall remain the property of Build With Confidence Limited until paid in full. “Notwithstanding that risk in the goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery, full legal and equitable title and interest in all and any goods supplied by Build With Confidence Limited to the buyer shall remain vested in Build With Confidence Limited, Including where such goods have been affixed to the Land or Property by the buyer or his agents, and shall not pass to the buyer until Build With Confidence Limited shall have received payment in full of all amounts due and owing from the buyer to Build With Confidence Limited for the time being (including any interest accruing and owing to Build With Confidence Limited.”
18. Build With Confidence Limited will offer a standard labour only guaranty on works provided for a period of 60 Days from the date of project completion. All products installed within the project that has a separate manufacturer’s warranty, shall be solely covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and not by Build With Confidence Limited.
PLEASE NOTE: Build With Confidence Limited reserves the right to remove any or all of its materials from a project in the event of none full payment to redeem the remaining balance.